Who does this policy apply to?
- Any Digiart Interactive website, application, game, service or tool where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through consoles and mobile devices, with exceptions listed below. (“Websites”)
- Individuals who purchase products from us, regardless of location, online or offline. (“Purchases”)
- Individuals who register and/or attend Digiart Interactive ’s online or offline events. (“Events”)
- Use any other, present or future, online or offline, programs, services, or offerings of Digiart Interactive . (“Offerings”)
When we say “Customer” we are referring to the person or entity that is registered with us through either a Purchase or the Websites. When we say “you” or “your”, we are referring to Customers and/or to some other individual who visits any of our Websites or attends our Events or makes use of any Offerings.
“Partner” refers to any third party that Digiart Interactive has a contractual relationship with a significant intellectual property interest to products offered, such as a developer, publisher, artist, or licensor. A “Service Provider” refers to any other third party that Digiart Interactive has a contractual relationship to help provide the Services but has no intellectual property relationship to the products being sold, such as a third-party carrier or analytics service.
What information categories do we collect?
- Billing information and payment details such as credit card, billing address, and/or PayPal account information, which is required for payment.
- Address details such as your personal name, company name, physical address, and phone number, which are required to send physical goods.
- Your email address, which is required to update you on the status of your physical goods and other purchases, deliver digital goods, and optionally opt-in for product status or promotional notifications.
- We collect and store your purchase information with us including, but not limited to, information about: purchases you initiated and your order history, your payment history directly with us and certain Partners through us, your usage of the Services, and your customization, texts, and other uploads required for certain products.
- An optional password to view your previous purchases.
- We collect and store any information voluntarily provided to our customer service and mailroom team via any medium, including email, social media, and directly as a purchase note.
- We may collect and store public social media information about Digiart Interactive and private social media information sent directly to Digiart Interactive .
- We may automatically collect and store action and usage information about our Websites and emails including your IP address, information about the device and browser you use when browsing our website, your opens, views, clicks, hits, actions, goal-reaching, and events on Websites owned by us and on emails sent to you from us.
When and how do we collect this information?
- When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information about your visit to our Websites, your usage of the Services, and your web browsing. This includes:
- information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, your browser ID, your browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with our Websites. This type of information helps us to improve our Services for both you and for all of our Customers.
- web beacons, also called pixel tags, on our Websites and in our emails. When we send emails to you, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Customers. To do this, we include a single pixel tag in emails we send. These tags allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details.
- Our Websites may include social media features, such as liking or sharing products, or offering our products available for sale directly through a social media website. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- We may, from time to time, obtain information about you from third party sources, including Partners requesting us to deliver products to you or payments and purchases from social media websites. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: names, email address, physical addresses, phone numbers, and other fulfillment data. We use this information, alone or in combination with other information we collect, to provide you with Services.
When and why do we use this information or share this information with third parties?
- Digiart Interactive uses your information, and shares with a variety of Service Providers, to provide and support our Customers with our contractual Services:
- to fulfill your requested or purchased Services: Your personal information is necessary to send your products to you.
- Third party courier services are required to know your address to deliver your physical products to you.
- Some products may be digital information such as digital download codes which requires you to use a third party service or have your information sent directly to a third party service for use. Please check with the appropriate third party if you wish to agree with the terms of their services before purchase or use.
- Some Services may have a personal information component embedded into a product for sale as part of the Service, such as “be a NPC” or “name in credits”. You will be informed of such components at time of purchase from us or our Partners; please contact us if you wish to opt-out of specific components.
- to fulfill your requested or purchased Services: Your personal information is necessary to send your products to you.
- to charge or bill you for the Services: This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. Some third party payment platforms may have additional terms or privacy notices with the platform themselves; such terms will be presented to you at the time of purchase.
- to provide customer service to you about the Services: We may contact or be contacted for support about your purchases, account, and other usage of Services; including via email, phone calls, text messages, postal mail, and push notifications.
- We may also use or share your information with Partners and other third parties in legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals. This includes usages and sharing such as:
- to measure sales performance for licenses or royalties and provide the ability for such licenses or royalties to audit sales.
- to measure the performance of marketing campaigns: such as open rates, click rates, and actions on public social media.
- to measure the performance and usability of our Websites: such as views, referrers, actions, goal-reaching, and your movements around our Websites.
- to monitor and improve the information security of our Websites.
- to provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- With your implied or express consent, as applicable by law, we may use or share your personal information:
- to send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences: You can choose to stop or withdraw consent receiving these emails altogether by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email or going to the unsubscribe page. Please email info@DigiartInteractive.com if you have any issues with withdrawing this consent.
- to send your information to Partners and allow them to send you informational and promotional content related to previous purchases: Some of your information — upon an informed, active, and opt-in consent — may be transferred to a related Partner to use in their direct marketing campaigns. You have the right to withdraw your consent at anytime at the same location that specific opt-in occurred or at any time by emailing info@DigiartInteractive .com.
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making — for example, we use certain personal information (for example, ip addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions.
What are your Data Subject Rights?
In many instances, the ability to access, correct, update, or export information was emailed to you at the time of purchase or notification, please check your inbox or junk mail for emails from info@DigiartInteractive.com to see if you were already given this information. In some instances, you may also login to your account at Digiart Interactive .com to access this information as well. We may also maintain a support page for projects that are not linked with your Digiart Interactive .com account to get access to this data; see that specific project page for more information. And in all cases, you can simply get a hold of our customer support team for anything we can’t automatically provide.
Individuals in certain jurisdictions outside the United States, such as those in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Japan, and Canada, have certain legal rights which we respect and uphold. In addition to our automatic tools listed above, they may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Personal Data Request” for the manual request to exercise their applicable legal right to access, to correct, to update, to export for portability, to withdraw consent, or to delete specific personal information, and we will respond within thirty days. If they wish to object or restrict use of their personal information, in the limited legally allowed circumstances, please email email@example.com with the subject “Personal Data Request”, and we will respond within thirty days. We will require and verify some form of identification, such as using the same email address used in the data, for any personal data requests.
“Sensitive Personal Data” is a subset of information, which due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections, particularly in the EEA. Digiart Interactive does not automatically collect Sensitive Personal Data from you, will delete this information if we learn that we have collected it in any way, and will not knowingly transmit or divulge this information to any third parties. If you believe we have accidentally collected this data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Personal Data Request” and identifying the specific data to delete. For best protection of this data, do not give it to us.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our absolute best to resolve your concern.
What cookies do we store on your computer?
We employ cookies and similar technologies to keep track of your local computer’s settings such as which account you have logged into, items that are in your cart, support additional access to customer service, and other functions required to use the Service. You may learn more about cookies here. By browsing our Websites, you consent to placement of cookies on your browser by us and our third party Service Providers.
Our Cookies are divided into three categories:
- Strictly Necessary: Cookies that are required for checkout or otherwise to obtain products. Disabling these cookies may severely degrade your ability to checkout.
- Functional: Cookies that enhance your store experience by remembering your settings, such a login to an account. Disabling these cookies may degrade certain helpful functions.
- Analytics: Cookies that Digiart Interactive and Service Providers use to analyze and measure performance of our site, including how you use our site, where you came from, etc. Disabling these cookies will not degrade much, if any, functionality.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. Click here to remove the cookie for the cookie pop-up. Disabling cookies that are strictly necessary may prevent you from fully accessing our Services.
How long do we keep your information?
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, customer details, and any other personal information entrusted to us.
Our credit card processor performs annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. They are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and their platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
How do we protect your personal information across borders?
Digiart Interactive primarily stores personal information sent or collected via or by Digiart Interactive in the United States, in the cloud, our servers, or the servers of our third parties and Service Providers. To facilitate global logistics, we may transfer and access such information from around the world. For example, your address may be required to be on a printed label of a package, and may be accessible by the applicable logistics provider who may be handling your package on its way to the destination country. Personal information may be accessible to law enforcement, customs enforcement, or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Digiart Interactive , you consent to the transfer and storage of personal information in these locations.
Anything else that should be known?
The Services are not targeted to children under the age of 13 or the age of majority in their territory. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from children under 13 or the age of majority in their territory; if you are a child under 13 or the age of majority in your territory, please do not use the Services or send any personal data about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal data from a child under 13 or the age of majority in their territory, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 or the age of majority in their territory may have provided us personal data, please contact us at email@example.com with subject “Personal Data Request” and identifying the specific data to delete.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Once a year you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Personal Data Request” to know if we have sent any of your information to third-parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. At this time, there is no general agreement on how companies like Digiart Interactive should interpret DNT signals. Therefore, Digiart Interactive does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, whether that signal is received on a computer or a mobile device.
How can I contact Digiart Interactive ?
You may use the help widget on the side of some pages, email us anytime at email@example.com, or if you wish to send us a letter: